Terms of reference of the Boundary Review Committee 2011:
That in accordance with the Representation of the People Act 1995, Section 11(5), a Boundary Review Committee be formed, to review the electoral constituencies in the Isle of Man and to report to Tynwald.
The Committee wished to note that although the previous Boundary Review Committee had been dissolved at the request of Tynwald until after the outcome of the Constitution Bill 2007 was known, the remit of this Committee does not include any reference to the Constitution Bill.
The Boundary Review Committee 2011 has stated that it will be focusing on the following issues:
- Existing boundaries
- Possible changes to existing boundaries
- Size of constituencies
- Number of members per constituency
- Number of voters per elected member
- Whether population should be the sole guide to constituency size
- Any other issues relevant to the Terms of Reference of the Tynwald Resolution as stated in the opening paragraph
A breakdown of the Island’s electoral constituencies as at September 2011 may be useful when considering the current review of boundaries. The statistics are available to view here
You will need Adobe Acrobat to download documents that are PDFs, this is available free by following this link: