Appointments to public bodies
Details of future public appointments will be highlighted here.
Appointment of the Interception of Communications Commissioner
Applications are invited for the position of Interception of Communications Commissioner (‘the Commissioner’) to be appointed by His Excellency the Lieutenant Governor in accordance with the provisions of section 9 of the Interception of Communications Act 1988 (‘the Act’). The Commissioner will carry out the functions laid down in the Act, namely:
- to keep under review the carrying out by the Chief Minister of the functions conferred on him by the Act;
- to give the Interception of Communications Tribunal all such assistance as may be required for the purpose of enabling them to carry out their functions under the Act; and
- to report annually to the Governor in Council.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- A qualified advocate, barrister or solicitor of at least 10 years standing.
- A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Manx Law.
- A high level of professional achievement in the areas of law in which they have been engaged.
The information pack and application form is available as a downloadable document from this page and from the Cabinet Office, Third Floor, Government Office, Bucks Road, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM1 3PN.
To request an information pack and application form or for any further information regarding this role, please email Clair.Barks@gov.im or telephone +44 1624 685211.
Applications with a CV can be marked In Confidence and sent to Mrs Clair Barks, Cabinet Office, Third Floor, Government Office, Bucks Road, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM1 3PN.
To apply electronically, complete downloadable document “Application for Position of Interception of Communications Commissioner” and email along with your CV to Clair.Barks@gov.im. Applications for the Commissioner cannot be accepted via the standard online application form on this page.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 10 October 2014.