We welcome the contributions parents can make to careers guidance. Please feel free to contact us whenever you need advice/information.
Below is some useful information which may help you when discussing career plans with your son/daughter.
- Careers Advisers regularly visit all secondary schools. They also attend the careers convention and other careers-related events.
- Impartial Individual guidance is offered to year 11 students - we write to all parents/guardians at the beginning of year 11 asking them for any contributions or comments they wish to make, and the opportunity to ask for information.
- Parents/guardians are sent a summary of any individual discussion which takes place.
- All schools have a careers library either in a specific careers room or in the main library, books are available for reference or loan.
- Careers Advisers also see pupils to discuss GCSE subject choice.
- School pupils are encouraged to use the Kudos computer programs which helps them to think about the careers which may best suit them - most schools offer this as a class activity.
- Careers guidance is an important part of the process of applying for higher education - Sixth-formers are encouraged to discuss their plans with a careers adviser to obtain independent impartial advice.
- We send annually a booklet to parents of Year 11 pupils providing information on options after GCSEs.
|Terms & Conditions||©2013 Crown Copyright|