The Arts Council places a high priority on its work in developing arts in the community. In addition, many of the proactive initiatives of the Council are community orientated, e.g. banner and lantern making workshops, community plays such as Wire & Wool and an Island choir performance of Carmina Burana with the BBC Philharmonic Orchestra in July 2006.
The benefits of the arts, especially in terms of quality of life and developing life skills, are at the core of all arts development work. The importance of the arts in defining culture and community is also a key element within a healthy society. The development and underpinning of all community arts work, in terms of skill development and financial support, is also seen as fundamental to arts development.
The remit of the Arts Council is to advise and encourage organisations in all areas of the arts to develop and expand their activities by providing such assistance as is possible within available resources, not necessarily financial, in promoting concerts, recitals and plays etc.
DOCUMENTS AND FORMS AVAILABLE TO DOWNLOAD:
For events being held up to and including 31st March 2013, please use the 2012-2013 forms below. For events being held from 1st April 2013 to 31st March 2014, please use the 2013-2014 forms below. If you have any questions, please call the Arts Office on 01624 694598.
Please save a copy of the following documents to your computer to complete then forward to us.
- POETRY IN MOTION a booklet of poems compiled in conjunction with the Isle of Man Poetry Society and displayed in some of the Island's buses.
- NATIONAL ARTS DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY 2005-2014, its ANNUAL REVIEWS dated October 2005 , October 2006 and October 2006-March 2008 and March 2008 to April 2010.
- DANCE AND DRAMA TEACHERS.
- ISLE OF MAN DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION DIRECTORY Music Making in the Isle of Man. A Directory of Music Education information for the Isle of Man including Music Activities, Bands, Festivals, Instrumental Ensembles, Orchestras, Choirs, Operatic Societies, Private Music Teachers, Organisations, Associations, Clubs and Folk Groups with contact information.
- ISLE OF MAN DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION DIRECTORY OF PRIVATE MUSIC TEACHERS
If you have any questions or problems with filling out these forms, please don't hesitate to contact us on 01624 694598 or email email@example.com.
|Terms & Conditions||©2013 Crown Copyright|