Information Systems Division (ISD)
Vision: To be the Isle of Man Government’s respected partner providing flexible technology support, technology delivery and technology enablement.
Information Systems Division (ISD) sits within the Department of Economic Development from where it provides an award winning shared service for ICT provision across the whole of Government. Its purpose is to ensure effective use of ICT as a key tool for Government in improving and transforming public service delivery, enabling greater productivity and informed decision making.
ISD provides a complete range of information technology services to all Government Departments from high level strategy through to system procurement, operations and support. More detailed responsibilities include:
- Government ICT strategy
- Adopt best practice standards ensuring ongoing independent external assessment
- Identify and initiate strategic projects aimed at maintaining a corporate approach across Government
- Effective operation of the Government's computer server platforms
- Effective operation of Government's computer networks and telecommunications infrastructure
- Effective operation of key corporate services, for example, mail and messaging, printing services, telephone switchboard
- Ensure Departmental ICT initiatives are consistent with key Jupiter principles and standards to facilitate a joined up approach
- Manage IoMG's ICT Governance model
- Work in partnership with departments to:
- develop departmental ICT Strategies
- carry out Service Investigations and Business Case analysis
- arrange the complete project lifecycle of approved projects
- Liaise with appropriate authorities in other jurisdictions
- Provide key performance measures
- Monitor other jurisdictions' use of technology
- Monitor emerging technologies
- Maintain an annual independent measurement of the use of technology in Government
ISD is responsible for:
- Government ICT Strategy
- Standards and Architectures
- Cross Government Projects
- Production Services
- ICT Governance
- ICT support for Departments
- ICT liaison with other jurisdictions
- Horizon scanning:
- Monitoring technology change and capability
- Monitoring use of technology in 'competitor' jurisdictions
ISD's key drivers are:
- Simplification and sustainability.
- Safety and security.
- Consolidation of Departmental and Agency computing into resilient Data Centres.
- Driving a cross-Government approach.
- Build once, use many.
- Raising business awareness of opportunities for transformation enabled by ICT.
- Delivering Value.